Hi everyone! Today I’m sharing the 5 items I recently purchased to help me reach my fitness goals this year.
Of course, working out at home requires little to no equipment, depending on the type of workout you are going for.
That being said, as you get deeper into your fitness routine, you’ll want to upgrade your equipment either for ease of use, safety, or because you are ready to invest in your progress.
If you read my New Year’s Resolutions for 2018 post, or the 5 Ways I Plan To Take Better Care of Myself This Year, you’d know why I’ve decided to upgrade my gear. The bottom line: It’s time and I’m worth it.
Here are the latest purchases I’ve made to kick off my fitness goals for the new year.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission if you make purchases from them, at no additional cost to you. This helps offset the cost of maintaining this blog and allows me to bring you great content each week. Thanks for your support!
- Hydro Flask water bottle: I love this thing! It keeps my water cold forever! Admittedly, I now have a few of these in different sizes because I love them so much! They come is so many colors and sizes, so there is something for everyone. Just note that the bigger the size, the heavier it will be when full. The 32-ounce is my favorite size because it holds a good amount of water and fits in my car cup holder! I prefer the straw lid for ease of use, but the twist on cap keeps my water colder for longer. Ideally, I’ll finish the jug before it loses it’s cool!
2. Adidas sneakers: Traditionally, I’ve been a Nike girl, but when I saw these sneakers, I had to have them! The black and gold combo is so versatile and since most of my fitness clothes are black, it seemed like a no brainer. The best part? I found them for $56!!! If black and gold isn’t for you, these come is several other color combos (I’m loving the burgundy ones too!).
3. Zella High Waist Leggings: Have you tried Zella leggings? They are my current favorite brand of fitness gear (No, this post is not sponsored. I just really like them!). I started wearing these leggings to jump on the weekend-wear/athleisure trend, but once I started doing yoga this past summer, I’ve found them to be indispensable! The high-waisted ones are my favorite because they allow for added modesty as I’m bending and stretching. Plus, they come in so many different colors and styles. I now have 3 pairs!
4. Zella velour tunic: (yes, another Zella product!). I was on the hunt for a hoodie that I could wear to and from hot yoga in the cold winter months, that would be an “appropriate” length with my yoga leggings (catch my drift?). I was so excited when I found this tunic length hoodie! And the black velour is SO pretty! 😊 I will definitely be wearing this outside the studio as well, because it’s that good!
5. Manduka Pro Yoga Mat: This mat was a really special early Christmas gift to myself this year. It’s pricey, but well worth the investment. I had been using a $10 foam mat before making this purchase, figuring that the extra thickness would be comfortable on my joints. Little did I know that a thick foam mat would compromise my stability and put extra stress on my wrists.
[Quick backstory: My husband and I did the P90x program a few years ago–which is phenomenal, by the way. Unfortunately, I had really bad form when doing push-ups and ruined my wrists. I still feel the stress on them when I hold standing yoga poses].
After witnessing my wrist struggle, my instructor suggested I upgrade to a Manduka Pro Mat. They come in 2 different thicknesses (I have the 6mm), and their density provides comfort and great stability. I’ve been using it now for the past few weeks and it has made such a difference! I feel less stress on my wrists and my knees no longer feel like they are sinking into the floor. Well worth the price! (5 other people from our class bought one too, because it is that good!).
Other fitness-related items I love:
- I would strongly suggest getting yourself a mat carrier if you are going to be practicing yoga outside of your home. It will keep your yoga mat rolled up and easy to store (especially if you have a heavy mat like my Manduka Pro). THIS is the carrier I use, and I love it! It has a thick elastic Velcro strap inside to keep your mat secure and then snaps closed for extra security. It even has a zippered pocket to stash my car keys and a few bobby pins to keep my hair in place! Plus, it’s under $15! Perfect!
- I also use a super absorbent yoga towel on top of my yoga mat. When you’re working out in a 100 degree hot yoga studio, you need more than just a bath towel to dry off with. Yoga towels are super thin, super absorbent and don’t slip around the way bath towels would. Plus, you can pick one that matches your yoga mat!
- This is not a “NEW” item, but I really like wearing THESE indoor/outdoor Ugg slippers to yoga class so I can keep my feet warm outside, and I don’t have to worry about taking my socks on and off once I’m inside. It makes getting ready that much easier–and they are so comfortable!
SHOP THE POST:
- Teeth-Whitening Giveaway (Enter to win!)
- New Year’s Resolutions for 2018
- 5 Ways I Plan To Take Better Care of Myself This Year
- My Favorite Things
- Gifts for the Fitness Guru
These are all items I’ve recently purchased and love, so I was excited to share them with all of you! Let me know if you give any of them a try. I love hearing about which ones you like the most!
Thanks for stopping by!
PS1: Have you entered the SMILE BRILLIANT GIVEAWAY? You could win an incredible at-home, teeth-whitening kit! The giveaway ends soon, so be sure to check it out!
PS2: Don’t forget to subscribe for weekly blog updates sent right to your inbox! No spam, just fashion and lifestyle inspiration 😊