Hi, friends! Today, I want to share my New Year’s resolutions with all of you.
If you’ve been following along with me on social media (Instagram or Facebook), you know that the holidays make me really reflective. I’ve made it my mission to spend some quality time with my family and appreciate the down time.
This week has been filled with out-of-town visitors, board games and family movie nights–and the time home has been so rewarding!
I don’t know about you, but I get so wrapped up in work and the things I “need” to do, that I forget to take a step back and just enjoy life.
Which brings me to the next order of business: New Year’s Resolutions!
I know that 2018 is going to be the best year yet. How do I know? Because I’m going to make it that way!
And the first step in creating a wonderful year is to set some resolutions and parameters.
You can check out my post from last year “Self-Improvement Mantra for 2017” HERE.
Resolutions for 2018
Let me first say that I am only establishing goals that I can realistically accomplish. There’s no need to set myself up for failure…only success! These are the things I’m setting out to do in the new year.
- Travel more. This is one of my most important goals. Exploring the world opens my eyes to new perspectives and I look forward to taking you along for the ride! SEND ME YOUR TRAVEL SUGGESTIONS (as long as they are child-friendly!).
- Save money. Easier said than done, but a mantra in my family is to always “pay yourself first”. That means paying my bills, stashing away some savings, and then buying things I don’t need. 🙂 I’m really good about saving for retirement but I want to keep building my rainy day fund.
- Be open to new opportunities. This means meeting new people, taking on new projects, and trying new things. The first two are pretty easy for me but the last one is an obstacle. Sometimes stepping outside of my comfort zone is a real task. This year, I want to put more emphasis on fitness and an active lifestyle. Hot yoga, anyone?
While my resolutions are my larger goals for the upcoming year, these are the guidelines I wish to follow for 2018.
- Appreciate the blessings in my life and acknowledge their importance. The second part is the key. It’s easy to overlook why I need to have down-time, and fulfill my own basic needs. Every moment does NOT need to be filled. Having a day off every so often is healthy.
- Embrace positive change. We cultivate our own happiness. It doesn’t come from external forces; it comes from accomplishments and making hard choices. Recognize this and bask in the moment.
- Accept the smallest accomplishments as progress. I know that I will not drink 64 ounces of water each day or work out 3-5 times a week, but if I do even a little, it’s better than doing nothing…and that’s great!
What are your resolutions for the new year? If you haven’t put pen to paper, I challenge you to do so, and then post them in a place that will motivate you to tackle them. The fact that I’m sharing my resolutions publicly with you, forces accountability…and I hope you’ll hold me to them! I also plan to leave them in my wallet and on my bedroom mirror as reminders on the go and before I get dressed each day.
Do you have tips for motivating yourself and accomplishing your goals? Send them my way. I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by!
PS: Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog updates to get the latest posts sent right to your inbox! It would be great to have you along for the ride!