Hi everyone! Today I want to tell you about how to prepare for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that opens to the public on July 21.
As you know, this is the most hyped sale of the year because Nordstrom reveals their new fall items and puts them on sale BEFORE the season begins! This is vastly different from any other store sale, because you can shop the NEW arrivals you anticipate wearing this fall at a major discount.
How to Prep for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Decide whether you want to apply for a Nordstrom credit card. Why get the card? It allows you early access to the sale starting July 13; that’s 8 days before the sale is open to the public, meaning you’ll get first dibs in-store and online, and have a better chance at getting the sizes and colors you are looking for. If you are thinking of applying, you can check out the card benefits here, including a $20 note (similar to a gift card) to spend at the sale.
- Preview their sale catalog. These are a sampling of the items that Nordstrom will be including in the sale this year. Hopefully it will give you ideas of what you want to add to your wishlist. There will be sales in every department, but the most popular–by far–are the fall fashion items like clothing, shoes and purses.
- Inspect your closet. Which wardrobe staples need to be replaced? Which items do you wish you had? Create a list of items that you want to look out for at the sale. You can check out my post about How to Wisely Select Wardrobe Investment Pieces here.
I’ve been shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for years and I look forward to it every year because it falls right around the time of my birthday (July 27!!!), so I typically create a wishlist for back-to-work items (teachers, you can relate) and then leave it in plain view for family members to see. Here are a few tips for those of you who are looking forward to the Nordstrom Anniversary sale as much as I am!
- When you’re not sure about your size, use your best guess but also order the item in a size up or down as well. Remember that Nordstrom has free shipping both ways, even during the sale, so you have nothing to lose. Just send the extra items back before your credit card billing cycle ends, so you don’t have to actually pay for the items you don’t want!
- When you sign up for a Nordstrom credit card, you are allowed to select one day in the year to earn TRIPLE points. If you know you’ll be shopping a lot during the sale, cash in on the triple points then. You’ll get savings certificates on future purchases even faster.
- Plan ahead. Because sale items sell out so fast, you need to have a plan. What are your most loved items? Be prepared to shop for them and make your purchase that same day. I cant tell you how many times I’ve added items to my cart and came back later to find them sold out in my size. Talk about disappointment! Avoid this by knowing which categories you want to shop and which items you want to make sure you get on sale (hello, designer items!).
What’s on my Wishlist?
- Fall boots and booties. I get so much use out of them through fall and winter that I need to restock and add a couple of pairs to my collection.
- Jeans. I’m weeding out my older denim and need a few replacements. Read my post about why you should splurge on premium denim here.
- Cozy cardigans. Layers are totally my thing, especially since the weather can be so fickle!
- Light layering jackets or vests. There’s a really cute one on page 21 of the sale catalog that I’m eyeing right now!
Related posts you might enjoy:
- How to Wisely Select Wardrobe Investment Pieces
- How to Elevate Your Personal Style Without Breaking the Bank
- Dressing Your Age and Killin’ It
I’ll have more posts about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale coming up next week, since it all begins on July 13 for card holders. I cant wait to see what Nordstrom has to offer this year! Follow me on Instagram–I’ll keep you posted on the items you should check out and the ones I’m grabbing for myself!
Don’t forget to download the LIKEtoKNOW.it app. It’s free from the app store and allows you to shop my Instagram posts right from your phone or mobile device. Talk about a curated shopping experience!
Feel free to email me with any questions you have about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, LIKEtoKNOW.it or anything else. I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by!