This season, I’ve picked up a few items that I KNOW will be on repeat at BBQs and casual get-togethers: blush Espadrilles, an off-the-shoulder top, and distressed denim.
At the start of the season, it’s easy to find the styles, colors and sizes you are looking for–without the hassle of having to scour the internet to find them! This is why I’ve recently made it my mission to start shopping for the season when stores first put items out. Of course, I like a good sale at the end of the season, but by then we all know that the selections are slim-pickin’s. This is why it’s important to start early, and get the best finds.
Here are a couple of items I’m loving right now. All outfit links are provided at the end of this post.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
One recent find that I’m really excited about is this pair of blush espadrille flats. Every spring I search high and low for a pair of flats that aren’t quite “sneakers”, yet are comfortable enough for weekend errands and outings with friends and family. This year, I started searching while snow was still on the ground in NY and came across these beauties! I’m loving the on-trend scallop detail and the gorgeous blush pink color! If you love blush pink as much as I do, check out my post featuring my favorite pair of blush denim.
White Off-The-Shoulder Top
Another item I recently bought is an adorable off-the-shoulder top from SheIn*. It’s delicate crochet-lace sleeves and neckline are really pretty details that pair perfectly with distressed jeans or shorts. It would be an excellent choice for BBQs or a lunch date with the girls. It comes in three color options and the price cant be beat. I chose the white because I love how white pairs with jeans and was pleased to see that it is actually not see through–just be sure to pair it with a nude-colored bra.
*If you’ve never shopped at SheIn, read on…
*Affordable Retailer Spotlight: SheIn
SheIn is an online retailer that offers on-trend fashion for really affordable prices.
If you’re new to SheIn, you’ll probably look at the prices and wonder about the quality (because that’s exactly what I did!). I recently became an affiliate of theirs and I wouldn’t vouch for products that I wouldn’t buy for myself. Let me assure you that they are worth a try. Here’s why.
Why I like SheIn
- Free shipping on ALL orders with no minimum purchase required. This is especially great because their clothes are really affordable, and if you only want one item, there’s no need to purchase anything more!
- “Free” return shipping. Returns are also “free” if you pay the small $1.99 insurance fee at the time of purchase. Ok, not free, but really cheap!
- Trendy items, like the ones you’ll find at SheIn, are typically not items you’ll want to blow your budget on. Since they will only be in style for a season or two, you want to pick up a few cute pieces at a reasonable price and save your hard earned dollars for wardrobe staples.
- The clothes at SheIn are often dupes for really high-end, expensive items that you will find at pricier retailers. By shopping at SheIn, you are able to try out these premiere styles at a price that you can smile about. Your budget will thank you! Plus you can use coupon code Sky5 for $5 off your order of $55+!
What to avoid on the SheIn website (IMO):
- Items that are not on a model. Of course, you can take a chance on them, but since you can’t preview them on an actual person, you don’t know how they will actually fit.
- Items that are sure to look awkward on your body type. You know your body best. Avoid buying pieces that are likely to accentuate all the wrong places.
Of course, you can still try these items out, since the return shipping is virtually free, but I’d rather not go through the return process if I don’t have to!
What are your go-to outfits for sunny day get-togethers? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!